City Kemp News
Sri Rama Seva Mandali in association with the Indian Heritage Academy will be conducting their bimonthly music programme on February 28 at 4.30 pm at the Indian Heritage Academy Hall in Koramangala 6th Block. On that day, Vid Mahesh Narayan will present a vocal recital. He will be accompanied by Venkatesh Joshier on the violin, N Vasudev on the mridagam, and Srishylam S on the ghatam.
Mahesh Narayan has been a student of vocal carnatic music for well over a decade.
Hailing from Mumbai, he started learning classical Carnatic music from a young age. His initial training was under Vid G. Balasubramaniam, for around 6-7 years. d respected senior musician in Mumbai.
He is a disciple of the well-known vidwan Tiruchi S. Swaminatha Iyer. Balasubramanian has been teaching music for over six decades and has trained many students. Under his tutelage, Mahesh learnt several important rakti ragas and kritis of the Trinity.
From 2007, Mahesh has been under the brilliant tutelage of the popular vidwan G Ravikiran, in Bangalore. Ravikiran is a senior disciple of Sangeetha Kalanidhi. R K Srikantan and T M Krishna, and has given several memorable performances in Bangalore, Chennai, and rest of South India.
This apprenticeship under such illustrious gurus has enabled Mahesh to practice music adhering to a gamaka-rich and patantara-rich school of carnatic music.
Mahesh aspires to continue learning music in the tradition handed down to him by his gurus and to give performances true to this tradition.
Some of Mahesh’s Performances
• Performed at Rajarajeshwari Nagar cultural association, Bangalore
• Performed at Girinagar Sangeetha Sabha, Bangalore
• Performed for Shruti Sindhura as part of their celebrations
• Performed at The Fine Arts Society, Chembur, Mumbai as part of their Sangeetha Kalavardhini series
• Performed for the carnatic music trust established by his guru in Mumbai, called Nadalola, and for other trusts in Chembur, Mumbai
City Kemp News